God's Heart for Sinners
Jesus had a heart for sinners and explains God’s perspective on them with three parables in Luke 15:
-The lost sheep
-The lost coin
-The two sons
There are five common themes in these parables of repentence:
1. Sinners are not to be judged as outcasts, but as lost.
2. God diligently seeks sinners until he finds them; the sinner doesn’t seek God
3. If we aren’t concerned that the lost be found, we have become Pharisees
4. A sinner comes home once they have repented
5. Heaven rejoices over one sinner who repents, more than the righteous!